Missed the fun in your job / life?
Come work for a team that works on high-performance telecoms infrastructure systems, built in Java.
We write Clean Code, believe in Automated Testing & Continuous Integration, operate on a Continuous Delivery pipeline - striving towards 12-Factor applications - to support a range of international clients, around the world. Our software currently services hundreds of millions of SMS / month, all remotely managed from the island of Crete, in the leisure of a small office surrounded by olive trees (in STEP-C).
We regularly attend #JCrete and we help run #AgileCrete.
Here's what we're looking for (you do NOT need to possess ALL the below skills - consider this our wish list):
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computing, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Java / JEE, Object Oriented Design in general and standard design patterns.
- Understanding of Multi-Threading / Concurrency issues
- Familiarity with databases and SQL (NoSql experience a bonus)
- Understanding Networks & Security
- Distributed systems familiarity a bonus
- Experience with Automated Testing / TDD / CI
- Experience in Version Control Systems (Git)
- Working knowledge of PHP or JSP
- Some experience with mobile apps development (Android or iOS)
- Excellent knowledge of English (Proficiency Level)
- Team Spirit (!!) and good communication skills
- Fun environment (if you have a sense of humour, that is).
- No customers ever enter the office. You work in your shorts / whatever.
- Flexible working hours.
- FREE coffee!
- We learn new stuff all the time and we're open to applying what you have to propose!
- You get to live in Crete!! (Beach is 10 minutes away, food is great, living costs are low)